The apprenticeships programmes at The University of Manchester gives you access to our skilled mentors as well as our excellent links with industry.
We have a dedicated team of technicians and mentors who are fully committed to helping you further your knowledge, achieve your goals and embed social responsibility in everything that you do. We work closely with industry, the public sector and the local community and have a world-class research profile, outstanding facilities and support services which offers you excellent career options when you qualify.
We welcome our apprentices in as members of our team which gives you access to the many benefits that our members of staff receive.
Apprentices here have the opportunity to train across the Faculty giving them the skills needed in industry and making them highly employable when they qualify.Colin Baines / Apprenticeship Lead
What are apprenticeships?
An apprenticeship is a way to learn and earn at the same time. Our apprenticeship programme teaches the skills you need to work in a laboratory or technical environment. Apprenticeships usually take between one and four years to complete and you are awarded with a nationally recognised qualification at the end. Some of the benefits of choosing an apprenticeship include:
- Earning a salary
- Training in the skills employers want
- Excellent progression opportunities, whether looking to study further or climb the ranks within the workplace
- Increased future earning potential. Apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training
- Better long term salary prospects
- Learning at your own pace with the support of a mentor
- Paid holiday